Do you have an innate ability to stay positive, even in tough situations? Can you instinctively adjust your message to fit the personality of your customer? Can you multitask several complex issues? Do you have the ability to remember names and details of those you deal with? You could be the right person to join WM Martin as an Administrative Office Assistant.
As a freight broker, we help our customers get freight from point A to point B. Our office processes several invoices and manages documents for many of these customers. We handle accounts payable and receivable. From invoicing, to printing checks, to validating freight bills, we do whatever is necessary to keep to keep our business moving forward.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintaining a steady flow of accounts payable
- Providing top-shelf customer service to existing and potential clients
- Managing and prioritizing the tasks associated with accounts payable and receivable
- Communicating with customers and carriers about invoices and payments
- Ensuring the accuracy of submitted billing paperwork
- Committed to concise, clear communication
- Able to see the big picture and make sure all of the details are being gathered and distributed
- A relational leader who is energized by working with a team to set and accomplish goals
- Exude positivity and stay cool under the pressures of multitasking
- Able to problem-solve detailed billing issues and stay organized
- Self-motivated, thirsty to learn, and deeply driven towards process improvement and efficiency.
- Comfortable learning user-friendly computer software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and document management applications
- Strong ability to communicate and multi-task
- Possess a high attention to detail
- Have earned GED, High School Diploma or higher
- Experience working in a billing processing flow
- Strive for excellence in customer service
Who We Are
We are a team, focused on becoming great leaders so that we can make a positive impact on those we have the privilege to serve.
Our Guiding Principles
- We choose trust over suspicion
- We do not tolerate gossip of any form
- When we mess up we fess up
- We do not make decisions based on fear
- We believe that if you aim at nothing that is exactly what you will hit
- We measure twice and cut once
- Attitude over Aptitude
- People over Productivity
- Great Leadership
- Going the extra mile
- A willingness to continually grow
We believe every team member is or will become a valued leader, and all great leaders are learners. We also believe that the way we grow our business is by growing our people. If you want to be considered an asset to our team you must be committed to consistent growth (personally, professionally, and spiritually). You will be evaluated on this.
Are you ready for the next step?