FREIGHT Team ADMINISTRATOR
Are you a person who enjoys handling high volumes of work and multiple details, while upholding a high level of customer service and positivity? Are you a team player who loves setting your teammates up for success? Do you have a gift for prioritizing, organizing and strategizing to meet and exceed the expectations of your role? You could be the right person to join WM Martin as the Freight Team Administrator.
The Freight Coordination Team is responsible for getting stuff from point A to point B for our customers. We help the carrier and shipper bring it together and get it done. We do that through honest and open communication. If it can fit on a truck, we'll make sure it gets to the destination.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Performing administrative functions including data entry, scheduling appointments, answering incoming calls and emails
- Fielding inquiries and passing them along to the Freight Coordinators
- Document management
- Maintaining accurate records in our computer-based freight management system
- Scheduling shipments and assigning them to the Freight Coordinators
- Communicate relevant information and instructions to coordinators and customers
- Committed to concise, clear communication
- Energized by working with a team and have a love and understanding for people
- Exude positivity and stay cool under pressure
- Effective but flexible administrator, multi-tasker, problem solver, and time manager
- Dedicated to excellence in follow-up and follow-through
- Self-motivated, thirsty to learn, and deeply driven towards process improvement and efficiency.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Comfortable learning user-friendly computer software
- Strong ability to organize and multi-task
- Possess a high attention to detail
- Have earned GED, High School Diploma or higher
- Experience working in a customer service role
Who We Are
We are a team, focused on becoming great leaders so that we can make a positive impact on those we have the privilege to serve.
Our Guiding Principles
- We choose trust over suspicion
- We do not tolerate gossip of any form
- When we mess up we fess up
- We do not make decisions based on fear
- We believe that if you aim at nothing that is exactly what you will hit
- We measure twice and cut once
- Attitude over Aptitude
- People over Productivity
- Great Leadership
- Going the extra mile
- A willingness to continually grow
We believe every team member is or will become a valued leader, and all great leaders are learners. We also believe that the way we grow our business is by growing our people. If you want to be considered an asset to our team you must be committed to consistent growth (personally, professionally, and spiritually). You will be evaluated on this.