JUNIOR FREIGHT COORDINATOR
Do you have an innate ability to stay positive, even in tough situations? Can you instinctively adjust your message to fit the personality of your customer? Do you enjoy and excel at puzzles, word problems, mazes, and video games (that involve strategy)? You could be the right person to join WM Martin as the Junior Freight Coordinator.
The Freight Coordination Team is responsible for getting freight from point A to point B for our customers. We help the carrier and shipper bring it together and get it done. We do that through honest and open communication. If it can fit on a truck, we'll make sure it gets to the destination.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintaining a highly driven sales strategy for bringing in new business
- Providing top-shelf customer service to existing and potential clients
- Managing and prioritizing the tasks associated with freight coordination
- Communicating with drivers about scheduled and assigned shipments
- Ensuring the accuracy and clarity of information and instructions which are given to the driver and/or dispatcher
- Committed to concise, clear communication
- Able to see the big picture and make sure all of the details are being gathered and distributed
- A relational leader who is energized by working with a team to set and accomplish goals
- Exude positivity and stay cool under pressure
- Able to problem-solve at warp speed
- Self-motivated, thirsty to learn, and deeply driven towards process improvement and efficiency.
- High aptitude in geography and an excellent memory
- Comfortable learning user-friendly computer software
- Strong ability to communicate and multi-task
- Possess a high attention to detail
- Have earned GED, High School Diploma or higher
- Experience working in a customer service role
- Sales experience is a plus
Who We Are
We are a team, focused on becoming great leaders so that we can make a positive impact on those we have the privilege to serve.
Our Guiding Principles
- We choose trust over suspicion
- We do not tolerate gossip of any form
- When we mess up we fess up
- We do not make decisions based on fear
- We believe that if you aim at nothing that is exactly what you will hit
- We measure twice and cut once
- Attitude over Aptitude
- People over Productivity
- Great Leadership
- Going the extra mile
- A willingness to continually grow
We believe every team member is or will become a valued leader, and all great leaders are learners. We also believe that the way we grow our business is by growing our people. If you want to be considered an asset to our team you must be committed to consistent growth (personally, professionally, and spiritually). You will be evaluated on this.